Racism, hate, structural bias, and systematic oppression can not continue. For too long, individuals and companies (including Intello) have not done enough.
Our distributed team, many of which are based in New York City and other parts of the US, have witnessed the fear, pain, and exhaustion of our black communities and people of color these past few days. Our hearts are with the families of those silenced, recently and throughout history.
Listening and caring is not enough. It never has been. It is up to each of us to drive the change the world desperately needs. We cannot allow today’s reality to continue. We must treat those affected as our own families. Our own children, parents, siblings, cousins, nieces, and nephews. Now is the time to educate ourselves, organize, and take action.
At Intello, we are challenging each other to build change; change for our team, our clients, our partners, our industry, and our communities. We pledge to build change by taking intentional action.
- To educate: We will invest in anti-racism training for our team and work with our communities, so every one of our employees feels confident to speak up and actively participate in anti-racist behavior, inside and outside of Intello.
- To organize: We will require our team to take paid time off this month, and as needed in the future to volunteer, safely protest, learn and engage in ways that support activism.
- To speak: We will not be able to bring change if topics like racial bias and hate are not also addressed in professional environments. We will speak openly internally and externally about what we see and how we can continue to drive change.
- To share: We are building an internal set of resources to learn and take action against racism. We are sharing that document here if it’s helpful for other companies and individuals.
- To build: Our tech industry is notoriously non-diverse. We will strive for equal representation on our team by engaging in thoughtful hiring practices and developing equity policies, and support black STEM initiatives to ensure diverse representation.
- To give: Intello donates daily via our employee’s choices on Good Today. As a team, we will also select an Anti-Racism resource or initiative to donate to immediately.
We will do better for people of color. We will lean on our team and communities for ideas, because what we commit today is only the beginning.
This narrative we are trying to build will feel uncomfortable, and it will never be perfect. But we hope that it gives strength to the generations of families that are tired of fighting alone. We must make a change in ourselves and take action to join that fight.
We believe in change and are committed to doing our part. We will post publicly on the above commitments and ensure follow through.